Trying Something New!I have not been into my blogs for so long. Not sure why, because they are something I enjoy and desperately want to be more committed to. So, in an effort to make a start, I'm going to try this "Fill in the Blank Friday" that I've heard so much about from other bloggers!
So here goes:
1. One of my happiest moments ever was when my son was born! The day Hubby and I got married is a close second, but was definitely beat out by the amazing birth day. Now, let me add that the day and the birth basically sucked...but wow, the instant change from being a "couple" to being "our family" was just so amazing. I love our little family and it's the most important thing in the world to me.
2. Summer is wedding season and weddings are fun, exhausting, emotional and optimistic. I love weddings! I especially love being there to help two people take such a huge step. It's so easy to get caught up in the love and promise they hold. Then you get to dance and eat and drink and dance and...
3. This summer is kind of turning into a blur. I don't know why I still have the "school year" mentality. For as long as I've been out of school you would think I would know by now that summer is just another part of the year. Nothing really changes like it did when you were a kid and finished that last class and ran out the door. I'm struggling a lot more than usual with this summer...I just miss the beach. I really wish I could show my son how different a summer is at the beach.
5. My summer uniform has been so much more casual then ever before!! I'm almost embarrassed. Last summer I could not get enough of cute dresses...but this year if I put on shoes other than flip flops I feel dressed up. I've even taken to wearing super casual shorts to work. Yesterday, I even sported my weekend "barely there" ponytail.
6. If I could spend the entire summer in one location I would choose to hibernate at Uncle Dick and Aunt Carolyn's beach house in Oregon. I would move in with hubby and son. We would grill oysters and take long walks down the coast. I would read lots of books and maybe even do a jigsaw puzzle or two. I would watch less TV, maybe write in a journal (to post eventually on my blog), and drink yummy Oregon wine every night with dinner. Wow, that sounds so heavenly I almost started packing!
7. My summer anthem is doing the best that I can! I seem to say that a lot lately..."I'm doing the best that I can." I would love to be able to get it all together and not feel so disconnected...but hey, I'm doing the best that I can. In the end though I keep telling myself - It's going to get better!!
Well, hope the weekend holds amazing things. I'm also hoping this will inspire me to blog a little more often. Cheers!
Post a Comment