When I made my New Year's resolutions this year, as part of my resolve to take better care of me I decided that I was no longer going to skip the sink and climb straight into bed. Happily, there have only been one or two times that I have not sent the days' make-up swirling (and one of them can be blamed on being a tad bit over-wined!).
New habits form easily. At least in this case they did; and now it's not even something I think about. But, here's the thing...I am now a little obsessed with taking better care of my skin. So today, as part of my challenge I took a little time, did a little internet research and looked for the proper way to cleanse your face at night...and have put it to the test.
What you need:
- Makeup remover of your choice
- Cleanser of your choice
- Soft towel
- Toner of your choice (optional)
- Moisturizer of your choice
2. Use lukewarm water to wet your entire face and neck area. Apply your cleanser being careful to not scrub too hard - and being sure to get all the way to your ears and all the way down your jawline and neck. Use lukewarm water to rinse. Nearly every article/website I read said to make sure to rinse well to remove excess residue and cleanser.
3. Repeat if necessary - but don't over cleanse (you shouldn't feel squeaky clean).
4. Pat dry with a soft towel - but don't rub.
5. Apply a toner if you prefer.
Note: The jury is still out for me on the toner. I Googled it every way to Friday and found plenty of pro-toner references and plenty of anti-toner references. So like with any other decision - go with whatever works for you. Personally, I have oily skin and like how my face feels after using toner.6. Apply a light moisturizer of your choice.
I'm going to work with this routine for a while and see how it works out.
Until tomorrow...may your cares be washed away!
Previous posts on My Mother's Day Challenge: